Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is seeking an experienced UX Designer to help create and refine new AR and location-based experiences that encourage exploration, physical exercise, and real world social interaction. You will be responsible for designing intuitive UI, creating interaction flows, and helping guide the direction of the products that merge the virtual with the real world, and encourage players to experience adventures on foot.
Specifically, we are looking for multiple experienced UX Designers to join our Platform team, which is focused on the developer-facing and business-facing platforms that enable our games and consumer-facing apps. As a Platform UX Designer, you may work on:
- Cross-game social apps and experiences to help our players communicate and connect with each other, across our portfolio of apps.
- Wayfarer, Niantic’s cross-game program that allows players to nominate new points of interest in-app and review them on a web platform.
- Web applications that support our operations and manage platformized geodata.
- Experiences to help the developers understand our platform offerings and effectively make use of them.
One of the Platform roles in particular will focus on our Ads/Sponsorship Platform, where you’ll design innovative interactive experiences across our games that enable players to have more fun while running errands, and help them discover products/services in an engaging way as they go about the real world. You’ll also spearhead our effort in defining the future of advertising in augmented reality.
- Design the user experience for Niantic’s developer and business-facing platforms.
- Iteratively ideate and develop prototypes to define creative solutions to Niantic’s many UX and AR experience goals.
- Guide user research to explore new product areas or refinement on existing products.
- Work closely with a cross functional team of engineers, product managers, and artists to create fun and exciting real-world/AR experiences.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience, especially in B2B or interactive mobile experiences.
- Portfolio of work showcasing samples of interaction design for mobile applications.
- Ability to create interaction flow wireframes based on high-level product spec.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Ability to create visual/functional prototypes to test design ideas.
- Ability to design and conduct user research to understand customer needs and pain points
- Strong communication skills.
- Augmented Reality experience a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.