User Acquisition Associate
- San Francisco, CA
We’re looking for a User Acquisition Associate to lead large-scale paid marketing campaigns across the Niantic portfolio. This person is an analytical self starter that can think out of the box, run advertising initiatives and coordinate program execution across multiple titles. Part creative, part analytical, this role will balance data and consumer insights to help drive the Niantic mission of getting people out in the real world for ‘adventures on foot with others’. And, most importantly, you’ll have tons of fun. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead and optimize global mobile marketing campaigns with programmatic buying partners: Facebook, Google, Apple and 3rd party networks.
- Work with cross functional and agency partners to define goals, build strategies, and execute on paid acquisition channels including SEM, paid social, programmatic, online video, and affiliates.
- Monitor, optimize and report performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis.
- Optimize creative, targeting, bids and budgets daily to drive the highest return on investment.
- Drive A/B testing and optimization of paid campaigns through levers such as creative, audience, network, device and placement.
- Analyze results and provide performance insights for key partners.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- 2+ years experience in a mobile media buying position on major advertising platforms such as Google, Facebook and Apple.
- An understanding of the mobile digital marketing space including various media buying strategies and options (CPM, CPC, CPI, CPE).
- Expert level knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc) - needs to feel comfortable in a spreadsheet with large data sets.
- Blend of creativity and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication skills and detail orientated.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission and strategic position in the market.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Have a working understanding of ad attribution and tracking with mobile measurement partners (i.e. Adjust, Appsflyer, Kochava).
- Worked with a Facebook Marketing Partner in the past (Nanigans, Smartly, etc).
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Knowledge of Big Query.
- Have worked with Periscope, Tableau, Looker or similar data analytics platform.
- Have worked at a startup or a role where you have worn multiple hats.
- Passion for Niantic games.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top