Technical Program Manager, Social and Geodata
- San Francisco, CA
Are you ready to bring a positive impact to the world through the power of geospatial & augmented reality technologies? We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager who will work across engineering, design and product to build both long-term road maps and near-term tactical schedules for our Platform efforts. You will align the work of the development teams with the goals of the company and regularly communicate progress of those efforts across the company. You will need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities and shift the focus of teams and individuals to meet the changing expectations of the company.
In this Technical Program Manager role you will need the ability to dig deeply into tech, design and product process and languages to accurately measure velocity while identifying and tracking dependencies. Being self-directed and having a strong work ethic will be critical in this role.
- Lead cross-functionally to define schedule, requirements, resource plans, integration plans, prioritize initiatives, and proactively identify/address potential setbacks.
- Manage schedule and budget of external software providers’ integration into the core software offering.
- Communicate program status, risks and mitigation plans to in-flight solutions.
- Ensure project roadmaps, plans, and status documents are complete across your pillar, current and available for review by all parts of the organization.
- Ensure every team and individuals understand what they need to deliver at all times.
- Create templates, workflows and processes that are lightweight and exactly suited to the needs of the team.
- Be comfortable in settings ranging from technical discussions with engineers to presenting to C-level executives.
- Experience building plans, including go to market, release and milestones, with a deep understanding of dependency management.
- Experience communicating across functions with engineers, designers, product managers, development partners, marketing, legal, and executive teams.
- Experience managing software releases.
- Well versed in Agile and JIRA.
- BS or MS degree in Communications, Operations, Engineering or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of experience in software program management.
- Experience working on SDKs or other developer focussed products.
- Experience working in AR, VR or computer vision related fields.
- Experience building social networks and social features.
- Experience with mapping, pointclouds and geodata.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top