Technical Program Manager, Augmented Reality
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you ready to bring a positive impact to the world through the power of Augmented Reality? We’re looking for a Technical Program Manager who will work across engineering, design and product to build both long-term road maps and near-term tactical schedules for our Augmented Reality efforts. You will coordinate the work of the development teams to align with the goals of the company and regularly report on the progress of those efforts across the company. You will need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities and shift the focus of individuals to meet the changing expectations of the company.
In this Program Manager role you will need the ability to recognize inefficiencies and to create processes to address them. You will need to be able to listen carefully and learn from engineers of many disciplines what their issues are and calculate how you can best serve them. Being self-directed and having a strong work ethic will be critical in this role.
- Proactively identify and remove engineering roadblocks by working nimbly across teams.
- Ensure every team and engineer understands what they need to deliver at all times.
- Coordinate and run meeting agendas.
- Consistently document decisions and communicate those to impacted teams.
- Create templates, workflows and processes that are lightweight and exactly suited to the needs of the team.
- Quickly identify schedule risks and communicate possible solutions.
- Triage and prioritize the work requested of you and the teams you support.
- Be comfortable in settings ranging from technical discussions with engineers to presenting to C-level executives.
- Expertise with tools used for issue tracking, documentation and resource scheduling.
- Experience building roadmaps and project/release plans with a deep understanding of dependency management.
- Experience communicating across functions with engineers, product managers, development partners, marketing, legal, and executive teams.
- Experience managing software releases.
- Well versed in Agile and JIRA.
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or equivalent job experience.
- 5+ years of experience in engineering, and software program management.
- Experience working in AR, VR or computer vision related fields.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg and Zurich.
Back to top