- San Francisco, CA
Niantic seeks a Unity Technical Artist with creative and technical expertise to develop challenging Unity scenes. Niantic is a fast-moving, multi-disciplinary team of software developers and creative professionals based in San Francisco, Seattle and Tokyo. You will be responsible for working with Unity and other graphics tools to merge the virtual with the real world.
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to help build features and solve creative problems.
- Help build rapid prototypes of experimental features using Unity 3D or other mobile platform tools.
- Iterate on Unity 3D scene implementation to finalize product and other creative requirements.
- Help create performant graphics shaders for awesome visuals.
- Facilitate communication and asset pipeline between engineering and artist teams.
- Expert-level experience with Unity Game Engine.
- Expert in scripting with C# within the Unity environment.
- Experience creating real-time visual effects sequences.
- Knowledge of optimizing real-time 3D-graphics pipeline for mobile platforms.
- Key skills in Unity 3D, C#, real-time VFX, and artistic skills.
- BS or MS degree in design, games-related or technical field.
- Solid artistic skills (drawing or digital painting).
- Experience collaborating within a multi-person game studio.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top