Systems Game Designer
- Los Angeles, CA
Niantic is seeking an experienced Systems Game Designer to help build the foundation of the next generation of games. As a Systems Designer at Niantic, you are responsible for crafting easy-to-use, tunable systems.
We are dedicated to constant team communications and discussion -- our team is structured to allow everyone a voice in shaping the game we are building together. You would become part of an outstanding team creating differentiated and delightful mobile and AR games.
Our creative departments and executive management have extensive experience shipping critically and commercially successful AAA+ titles across a wide range of platforms and genres, and are now bringing that experience to AR and mobile gaming. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Participate in and contribute to design discussions to form an extraordinary gameplay experience.
- Develop relationships across disciplines, to support shared understanding of goals, expectations, and approach to features with designers, artists, engineers, and QA.
- Collaborate with engineering to create flexible, modular systems that will support a multitude of gameplay features.
- Create feature documentation communicating systems needs, tuning dials, and content requirements.
- Define & build custom tools for crafting and editing game data.
- You have experience shipping at least two products on any platform (mobile, AR, or VR preferred; AAA titles ideal).
- You have 2+ years of experience in traditional PC, console or mobile development.
- You have a college degree or minimum of 5 years applied experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages.
- Familiarity with Unity.
- Knowledge in building compelling cinematic experiences.
- Experience with live-ops production.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top