Software Technical Lead/Manager, Platform Services
- Sunnyvale, CA
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Technical Lead/Manager to build and improve a set of platform services that support core features underpinning games such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and the new CATAN - World Explorers.
Our live platform services run at large scales of hundreds of millions of events per day. We are looking for a TLM to manage, mentor, and lead a team of senior engineers.
- You will mentor and grow each individual, give timely feedback, manage their performance, as well as communicate long-term technical vision with the team.
- You will lead design discussions, review and break down feature requirements, and actively participate in design and code reviews.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, engineering teams, and other departments to ensure design and implementation meet internal standards.
- You will build robust, low-latency, scalable systems that support Niantic’s products.
- You will implement server-side features in Java.
- You will perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- You have experience engineering scalable or cloud-based server systems.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the industry.
- You have deployed services on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
- You have lead projects with 3-5 engineers.
- You have 1+ years of management experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top