Niantic is seeking an Engineering Manager for our Social Platform team. You will lead a team of engineers to build and improve a set of core libraries and services underpinning all of Niantic games. Our live social platform services run at large scales of hundreds of millions of events per day. We value managers who are respectful, empathetic, and who embrace the values of servant leadership and a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- You will mentor and grow each individual, give timely feedback, support their careers, as well as communicate long-term product and technical vision with the team.
- You will lead engineering design discussions, review and break down feature requirements, and actively participate in design and code reviews.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, engineering teams, and other departments to ensure design and implementation meet internal standards.
- You will implement server-side features in Java, perform load testing, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- You have experience engineering scalable or cloud-based server systems.
- You have at least 5 years of experience in the industry.
- You have deployed services on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
- You have led teams with 3+ engineers.
- You have 1+ years of software management experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.