Software Engineering Manager, Ads
- Sunnyvale, CA
Are you ready to lead a team building the next generation advertising system for Niantic's planet-scale geospatial products? We’re looking for an Engineering Manager to lead and manage a world-class team developing a scalable, secure, and stable online advertising system for Niantic-powered games in augmented reality. If you are an experienced engineering manager who has built a dynamic online advertising system and you're ready to rethink how ads work in AR, you should join us. Niantic values managers who are respectful, empathetic and who embrace the values of servant leadership and a diverse and inclusive workforce.
- Recruit, hire, manage and mentor engineers through active coaching and setting measurable goals that help the engineer grow and create maximum impact for the company.
- Promote a culture of cross-functional collaboration with product management, design, marketing and operations.
- Play an active role in attracting, interviewing, and recruiting engineers.
- Lead usage of standard methodologies in software development, including code reviews, automated testing, scheduling.
- Review technical designs, and ensure they will be scalable and robust. Maintain a high quality bar for code, unit tests, and technical architecture.
- You have a BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field, or equivalent experience.
- You have 2+ years of experience directly managing software engineers and 8+ years of experience in software engineering.
- Proven experience recruiting and leading technical teams, including performance management.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative A employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industctionry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top