Software Engineer, Server Core Infrastructure
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to join the server infrastructure team that supports the hosted AR/Geo platform underpinning projects such as Pokémon GO, Ingress, and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, and our wide slate of future titles built on this platform. You will work on real-time indexing, querying and aggregation problems at massive scales of hundreds of millions of events per day as well as encapsulating those technologies behind easily understood, well-organized APIs to democratize development of planet-scale AR experiences.
- You will design, implement and document server-side infrastructure services for planet-scale concurrent networking, multiplayer gameplay and massive datastores in C++ and Java.
- You will build robust, low-latency, scalable systems and infrastructure that support Niantic’s products.
- You will collaborate with other specialists, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- You have at least 6-8 years experience engineering scalable, real-time multiplayer or cloud-based server systems.
- You have designed at least once a realtime high availability architecture.
- You are proficient in compiled languages such as Java and/or C++.
- You have experience delivering a full scalable solution, and tools to support and troubleshoot it.
- You have experience writing network protocol using gRPC for high availability data systems.
- You have experience building virtual networking topologies using K8, Helm and/or Terraform.
- You have experience with networking or utilizing compute infrastructure on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
Join the Niantic team!
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
Back to top