Software Engineer, Mobile Native
- Bellevue, WA
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to create mobile client libraries that contributes to our real-time planet-scale AR platform. The client libraries would be cross-compiled from C# and run on Android and iOS. You will solve mobile platform and third-party API integration problems, create highly-performant Android and iOS client libraries. These libraries would extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
- Design, implement and publish C# client libraries that are cross-compiled Android/iOS code to platform-specific APIs in Java and Objective-C.
- Create robust messaging subsystems across all of Niantic’s products.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- You have a BS degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- You have a minimum of two years of work experience with platform-level messaging and background services frameworks in either Java on Android or Objective-C on iOS.
- Experience building native Unity plugins.
- You have experience with mobile development in Android and or iOS.
- You have experience dealing with native push notifications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunityemployer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top