Software Engineer, Computer Vision
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Software Engineer to make the next stage of augmented reality experiences for large-scale mobile gaming a reality. Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while building engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- You will productionize computer vision research for use in Niantic’s consumer client-server games and applications.
- You will discover ways to harden and robustify computer vision algorithms at intersection of research and engineering.
- You will build computer vision products into Niantic’s augmented reality platform from the bleeding edge of research innovations.
- You have a MS or PhD in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer vision, robotics or deep learning.
- You have practical experience developing algorithms and systems that bring to bear computer vision for augmented/mixed reality.
- You have SLAM experience.
- You have extensive experience in C++ and OpenCV or other computer vision libraries.
- You have experience with any type of parallel programming (GPU/VPU, multi-core or distributed systems).
- You have working knowledge of computer vision geometry for 3D pose estimation and tracking.
- You have experience building production computer vision or deep learning systems.
- You have experience with a deep learning framework (Tensorflow, Caffe, PyTorch).
- You have publications in a top tier conference such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, ICLR, ICML.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top