Software Engineer, Build and Release
Niantic’s Engineering Team is seeking a Build and Release Engineer to build systems that scale at the heart of high-performance mobile clients. You will work to create pipelines and consistent, dependable release processes that empower engineers to deliver planet-scale AR experiences across Niantic and work to extend Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices.
- Engineer scalable build pipelines applicable across all Niantic products using cmake and gradle.
- Coordinate and deploy binary and library releases in conjunction with crucial product updates and fixes.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major with a minimum of 5 years of experience with developing and managing a build & release infrastructures.
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines and building systems like Travis or gitlab-ci or circle-ci or jenkins or equivalent.
- Experience managing Git based version control systems such as GitHub, GitLab, etc.
- Experience handling cross-platform releases for mobile or embedded binaries.
- Expertise with CMake and Gradle to build and configure pipelines.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with complex distributed build environments.
- Experience with Android and/or iOS build pipelines.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Meet Some of Niantic's Employees
As a producer on games, Alex works with engineers, developers, and designers to guide all components of the project from creation to launch.
Back to top