Software Engineer, AR Server Infrastructure
Are you passionate about building the core technology powering Niantic’s Augmented Reality Real World Platform? Niantic’s AR Engineering team is seeking Software Engineers to build the server infrastructure that is at the heart of all our AR applications. You will work on concurrent, real-time computer vision systems at scale. Your work will advance Niantic’s AR platform for the next generation of AR and wearable devices. It will also enable game developers to create engaging AR apps for a user base in the billions.
- Create robust, low-latency, scalable systems that support Niantic’s AR Real World Platform.
- Design and implement concurrent AR features in C++ that index AR data at scale.
- Work closely with computer vision engineers to bring AR features to production.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, and other departments to ensure code meets internal standards.
- Perform load testing, participate in code reviews, write unit tests, and conduct troubleshooting to ensure uptime for live systems.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Proficiency in C++.
- Experience building networked and distributed systems.
- Experience building concurrent and multi-threaded services.
- You have experience working with ZeroMQ or message passing/stream based logic frameworks.
- You have experience with deployment on hosting providers, such as Google Cloud, Azure or AWS.
- You have experience working with NoSQL databases such as Cassandra, Redis, or RocksDB.
- You have experience scaling machine learning or 3D geometry systems.
- You have experience with SLAM.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top