Senior Game Designer
- Bellevue, WA
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, is hiring a passionate Senior Game Designer to join us on a new product concept in early development. Our team is looking for someone who can find creative solutions to ambiguous problems and collaborate with a small team to innovate novel gameplay. You will be responsible for finding the fun in a brand-new product space, exploring core gameplay loops and systems that excite players.
- Design game mechanics, systems, and content that realize the product vision. Propose and build gameplay prototypes that help the team learn.
- Collaborate with our creative team for ideas and feedback in order to strengthen the product design.
- Work cross functionally to understand and navigate constraints and goals.
- Be a strong player advocate and understand and empathize with our customers.
- Represent game systems and game loops both to teammates and to other teams.
- Understanding of the product cycle of a new game or product. Ability to pivot priorities and try new things during explorations.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a solid understanding of games.
- Great teammate with an understanding of how to work creatively with smaller teams.
- 6+ years designing digital games including having launched a game from concept or pre-production, preferably in the adventure genre.
- 2+ years designing mobile games, including hands-on experience adding new content to a game.
- Experience with Adventure Games.
- Experience with AR games or features.
- Experience with Geo-Location games or features.
- Experience working with Licensed IP.
- Proficiency in Unity game development.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top