Are you passionate about building the core technology powering Niantic’s recently announced Lightship Platform? Niantic’s AR Engineering team is seeking Software Engineers to build mobile, real-time, AR tech for iOS and/or Android. You will work on designing and building the Niantic’s Lightship client SDK. Your work will advance Niantic’s client platform to the next generation of AR and wearable devices. It will also enable game developers to create engaging AR apps for a user base in the billions.
- Design and implement cross-platform Android/iOS native code in C++.
- Work on optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments for production computer vision and AR algorithms.
- Work closely with computer vision engineers to bring AR features to production.
- Collaborate with other engineers, product managers, QA, and other departments to ensure code and technology meets internal standards.
- Design and implement core AR platform features in C++.
- Participate in code reviews and write unit tests.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Minimum of three years of work experience with native development in C++ on mobile, embedded or console devices.
- Experience optimizing C++ code for low compute and low memory environments.
- Multi-Threaded concurrent development.
- Strong understanding of programming paradigms and design patterns.
- You have experience working on APIs for game engines such as Unity3D or Unreal.
- You have experience with C#.
- You have experience with ARCore or ARKit.
- You have experience scaling machine learning or 3D geometry systems.
- You have experience designing & building projects independently, especially AR/VR games.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.