Researcher, Computer Vision
Niantic’s Engineering team seeks a researcher who can apply computer vision principles to craft the next stage of augmented reality experiences for large-scale mobile gaming. The person who fills this role should have practical experience developing algorithms and systems that demonstrate computer vision for augmented/mixed reality, and will define the direction for current and future products using that knowledge.
- Conduct creative computer vision research in recognition and semantic understanding of 3-dimensional real-world scenes.
- Apply machine learning and deep learning techniques to improve accuracy of computer vision algorithms.
- Solve computer vision challenges that can be applied large-scale consumer experiences around the world.
- MS or PhD (PhD preferably) in computer science or a related field, with focus on computer vision, robotics or deep learning.
- Experience in computer vision geometry.
- Experience developing visual SLAM systems and multiple approaches to solving the problem.
- Experience with OpenCV and other computer vision libraries.
- Proficient experience in C++.
- Expertise with deep learning applications for vision.
- Experience with ground truth systems like Vicon.
- Publications in a top tier conference such as CVPR, ICCV, ECCV, NIPS, ICLR, ICML.
- Willingness to lead development efforts for a nascent team that is growing rapidly.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top