We are looking for a Real Estate Analyst / Senior Analyst to join the real estate and workplace team at Niantic. This candidate will partner with business leaders across the company to deeply understand their needs and develop a scalable real estate strategy.
A successful candidate will possess keen critical thinking plus analytical abilities with strong communication and project management skills; wants to work, learn and thrive in a position that has an excellent career path. This role will be based at Niantic’s headquarters in San Francisco and will report to the Director, Real Estate & Workplace Experience.
- Assist in the strategic plan development including market and internal research.
- Develop and manage annual budgets for operating and capital expenses. Partner with Finance to forecast monthly expenses and review monthly performance against the plan budget. Provide analytical support including cash flow models.
- Manage headcount growth models for capacity planning. Liaise with recruiting and finance to understand headcount planning by location and update models as necessary.
- Conduct moderate to complex research and financial analysis. Develop and track key metrics. Prepare various monthly and quarterly portfolio reports/presentations including executive level summaries and explanations.
- Review and analyze existing or proposed projects, policies, procedures, systems and management activities and advise management on their impact and make recommendations for improvement.
- Build and maintain tracking systems for all key lease dates, including all options, and critical notices. Determine remaining liability (tenant’s payment obligations, payment status, etc).
- Develop rent review process and ensure payments are timely for all properties. This includes reviewing all operating expenses charged by the landlord.
- Perform audit checks on each property within the respective region to ensure consistency across the portfolio. Handle insurance related to the property for Niantic’s global portfolio.
- Act as liaison between finance and REWS. Review actual vs. plan on a monthly basis and advise on how to correct for any budget deviations. Lead real estate update meetings with finance and develop monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assist in domestic and international real estate transactions, including reviewing leases, preparing transaction memos, and managing the internal deal approvals process.
- May act as project lead for assigned projects.
- Supports management in multifaceted areas of financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least 1-5 years of experience in Real Estate, Finance or a related field preferred.
- Experience or knowledge in commercial real estate is a plus.
- Proven ability to conduct complex, data driven analysis. Solid understanding of Excel required, experience with enterprise software system (e.g. Netsuite) is a plus.
- Comfort using visualization tools to communicate insights.
- Self-motivated, engaged and collaborative, with the ability to work independently.
- Must have proven track record to work with a cross-functional team.
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to identify and implement solutions to problems.
- Strong attention to detail with outstanding organizational skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate results of analysis in easy to understand business terms.
- Ability to present to multiple business partners in a concise impactful way.
- Strong prioritization skills, ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to thrive in a hardworking, collaborative environment.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Pikmin Bloom. In November 2021, we launched our developer platform, Lightship, enabling creators to build immersive AR experiences around the globe.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, New York, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich. #LI-HYBRID