Product Manager - Platform Components
- San Francisco, CA
Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world using the power of mobile and location technologies? Niantic Inc. is looking for a Product Manager to work on our Platform Components team.
The Platform Components team builds shared components and libraries, which help drive engagement, revenue, and scalability of Niantic titles. As a Product Manager for Platform Components, you will translate needs from game developers into a product roadmap and drive innovative experiences across Niantic products.
This is an excellent role for someone who has past experience working on mobile consumer applications, social or gaming platforms.
- You will work with game developers to identify areas to improve our platform user experience, and establish a roadmap for Platform Components.
- Work as a horizontal leader to drive collaboration between engineering, design, marketing, legal and business development teams to build cross-functional consensus.
- Champion the customer through clear product specifications and ensure the platform is well documented.
- Define, track and grade OKRs (objectives and key results).
- Communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across the organization.
- Stay current with new technology and innovations in geospatial and AR platforms.
- BS, MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science or other technical majors, or equivalent experience.
- You have 3+ years of product management experience.
- You have experience with defining API requirements.
- Ability to inspire the team and roll up your sleeves to execute.
- Demonstrated quantitative, data-driven problem-solving skills and the ability to break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- You have experience with developer relations, or have built products with developers as customers.
- You have experience prototyping or programming mobile native or Unity applications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top