Product Manager - Core Platform
Are you ready to help drive a product that brings positive impact to the world using the power of mobile and location technologies? Niantic Inc. is looking for a Product Manager to work on our geospatial scalable and distributed server platform. You’ll be the product owner of the server backends that serve millions of users that explore the world through Niantic experiences.
You can find out more about our platform here: https://nianticlabs.com/blog/nrwp-update/
You will gather requirements to define our server platform product, make sure we are serving developer needs, and establish the process for innovation and partnership across all teams. Working alongside product managers, engineers, and cross-functional teams throughout the company, you will build the future of Niantic’s platform business. This is an amazing opportunity for someone who is deeply technical and has experience building developer platforms. This position is not eligible for TN visa sponsorship.
- You will empathize with our developers to identify areas to improve our platform user experience.
- You will stay up to date with the geospatial development platform offerings.
- You will design and prioritize our geospatial platform features for platform and game developers.
- You will represent the platform as a horizontal leader across engineering, game, marketing, legal and business development teams to ensure they have what they need and can work effectively.
- You will define project plans, establish schedules, and lead the development and implementation against goals and deadlines.
- You will communicate product status, key issues, and launch plans to key constituents across cross-functional teams.
- You have a BS, MS, Ph.D. or relevant work experience in engineering, computer science or other related technical field.
- You have 5+ years of product management or production experience.
- You have a real passion for entrepreneurial management in emerging technology especially in AR, mobile games, location-related technologies, matched with the motivation to find solutions to hard problems.
- You’ve built, shipped, and maintained products where your customers are developers.
- You can find development usage patterns across many different teams using our platform.
- You have experience with defining API requirements.
- You have familiarity with leading complex projects with cross-functional teams.
- You have quantitative problem-solving skills and can break down large problems into smaller solvable chunks.
- You have experience with developer relations and support.
- You have experience with security analysis for server and client platforms.
- You have experience prototyping or programming mobile native or Unity applications.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top