Operations Support Manager
At Niantic, we have a long history of viewing the world differently. We are the world’s leading augmented reality company with an initial focus on augmented reality games, including Ingress and Pokémon GO.
Are you ready to be the content gatekeeper of a unicorn games startup that uses the power of mobile and location technologies? We are seeking an Operations Support Manager to lead our local platform and support the backbone of our gaming content to ensure our users have a consistent, high-quality experience. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
Are you a good organiser with sound problem solving skills and attention to detail? If so, we want you.
This position requires you to have a high level of knowledge of the Operations Support workflow. You will be tasked with a large range of responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Set up and lead a team of operations experts to provide backend support for our games, including data collection and review, content research and editing, player queries, etc.
- Lead by example: launch computer tools and review/gather data with extraordinary quality and accuracy. Set up standard operating procedures, standard methodologies, quality control, etc.
- Train, coach and motivate new teammates and lead external vendors, with measurable product and quality improvements.
- Discover and raise positive/negative quality and productivity trends to executive team.
- Collaborate with program management staff to develop tools and processes to improve efficiency and data accuracy.
- Develop, document and deliver training and training updates.
- Build efficient user interface through providing feedback to engineers.
- Subject matter expert on Portal Criteria and operations policies.
- Test new tools, builds, and processes.
- Execute special projects as needed.
- You have a University degree or above in any field.
- You have 7-10 years of internet operations support experience or call centre / internet content management experience.
- You have a minimum of 5 years of experience leading a team of at least 5-10 people.
- You possess a solid understanding of Operations Support Management, and can clearly communicate policies and criteria to the team.
- You are well-organized, focused, and have a proven track record of developing a team in reaching targets within budgeted time and resources.
- You are skilled in producing basic statistical reports with Microsoft Office tools, track productivity and raise suggestions for improvement.
- You have a strong work ethic with the capability to work with minimal supervision.
- You are a logical thinker and have accomplished independent decision-making skills.
- You are Mandarin Chinese mother-tongue or similar level of Mandarin proficiency.
- You have a CET-6 or equivalent English proficiency and above with the ability to converse with US headquarters in English through email and verbally.
- You are able to operate tools with English language interface.
- You are a great teammate with extraordinary interpersonal and problem-solving attitude.
- You possess creative problem-solving and analysis skills.
- You have some research experience.
- You have software testing and/or game testing knowledge.
- You have tourism background or tour-agent experience.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, and record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO. Our third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite, is currently in development.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top