Operations Specialist - APAC
The Niantic Player Support Team provides global customer support while using tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users. We are seeking an APAC Operations Specialist who has expertise in operational management in Japan and has passion for implementing new policies and processes for new and existing products. You will also be responsible for vendor management, social media support, localization and data operations. You will collaborate with cross-functional teammates across the organization and geographies, and be willing to "roll-up your sleeves" in order to accomplish all necessary tasks. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Be the point of contact for our APAC local support agents. This includes, but is not limited to, answering policy questions, reviewing and implementing suggestions for process improvements, and following escalation protocols.
- Lead, maintain, and improve all internal support documentation such as workflows, policies, training materials, etc.
- Analyze and review data shared by our vendors. You will prepare comprehensive reports to present meaningful findings to cross-functional, internal, and external teams.
- Continually explore solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more skillfully and effectively lead the global support processes.
- Handle highly sensitive customer concerns via email and occasionally raise issues to the appropriate teams for resolution.
- Plan and execute the day-to-day operations of social media support for one or more products. This includes making regular posts as a public face of Niantic Support, empowering our community and leading a team of social care response agents.
- You have a BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- You have exceptional verbal and written Japanese and English communication skills.
- You have 3+ years of operations/customer support work experience with a proven record of delivering business value and experience with scalable support (mobile apps and gaming support a plus).
- You are a logical thinker with strong analytical skills and an ability to identify positive trade-offs.
- You have strong vendor management skills; actively identify and resolve issues to meet objectives.
- You have the ability to effectively lead complex projects and communicate cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels.
- You are a great teammate and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and a can-do attitude.
- You effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast paced, constantly evolving team environment.
- You possess the ability to learn technical concepts quickly and articulate operational needs and issues to engineering and product teams.
- You have a passion for Niantic’s mission and products.
- You are Japanese mother-tongue or similar level of Japanese proficiency with considerable number of years living in Japan. You also have exceptional verbal and written English communication skills.
- You have fluency in Korean and/or Chinese.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top