Marketing Manager, Product and Acquisition Marketing - APAC
- Tokyo, Japan
Come onboard and help craft how real world games are positioned and presented to the world. With this role, you will be responsible for product marketing, and also leading large-scale paid marketing campaigns across the Niantic portfolio in APAC, including our newest game coming from Tokyo Studio. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Lead and optimize Pokémon GO APAC mobile marketing campaigns with programmatic buying partners: Facebook, Google, Apple and 3rd party networks, working closely with our team in San Francisco.
- Work with cross functional and agency partners to define goals, build strategies, and execute on paid acquisition channels including SEM, paid social, programmatic, online video, and affiliates.
- Monitor, optimize and report performance of campaigns on an ongoing basis.
- Optimize creative, targeting, bids and budgets daily to drive the highest return on investment.
- Drive A/B testing and optimization of paid campaigns through levers such as creative, audience, network, device and placement.
- Analyze results and provide performance insights for key partners.
- Bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in Marketing, Computer Science, Engineering, Business Administration or a related field.
- Demonstrated ability in a mobile media buying position on major advertising platforms such as Google, Facebook and Apple.
- An understanding of the mobile digital marketing space including various media buying strategies and options (CPM, CPC, CPI, CPE).
- Expert level knowledge of Excel (pivot tables, vlookups, etc) - needs to feel comfortable in a spreadsheet with large data sets.
- Blend of creativity and analytical approach to problem solving.
- Exceptional verbal, written communication skills and detail orientated.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of Niantic’s mission.
- Native in Japanese, and business level communication in English.
- Avid Pokémon GO player and fan.
- Business experience in international environment.
- Gaming industry experience.
- Proficient in Korean, Mandarin.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top