Live Event Game Designer, Pokémon GO
- San Francisco, CA
Live events are at the core of Niantic products and highlight our real-world social experience at its best. Niantic is looking for a Game Designer to help bring our games to life for millions of fans around the world. In this role, you will work cross-functionally to map out content, incorporate game features, and craft impactful experiences that scale accordingly for our various live event initiatives for Pokémon GO. At Niantic, we are trail blazing in the world of fully immersive AR experiences, and the Live Events Game Designer will play a meaningful role in the success of this strategic pillar for the company.
- Become a master of internal game tools to set up test events and work with QA to ensure everything runs smoothly ahead of event days.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to identify appropriate content, gameplay loops, and feature sets to incorporate into various live event initiatives.
- Set up tracking dashboards to analyze and report data in order to make informed decisions on where/what to adjust for future events, including gameplay, ticket pricing, venue selection, and event hours.
- Work closely with the Live Events Platform team to identify key features to improve live events and prioritize accordingly.
- Develop new event concepts for existing and future games to bring the live event experience to millions of players around the world and keep things fresh.
- Update and improve existing tools and design event templates to enable regional scalability.
- 3-5 years of experience as a LiveOps or Mobile Game Designer, or crafting large scale activations/events.
- Strong knowledge base of Pokémon GO and the general Pokémon. franchise
- Outstanding verbal and written communication.
- Expertise with spreadsheets and in manipulating, summarizing, and maintaining large data sets.
- Willingness to travel.
- Familiarity with Niantic events, having attended one or many first-hand.
- Experience with Augmented Reality products or experiences.
- Proficiency in G Suite a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top