Legal Analyst/Litigation Paralegal
- San Francisco, CA
Niantic Legal seeks a Litigation Paralegal / Legal Analyst to support our Legal team.
Niantic Legal partners with teams across the company as we develop solutions for the legal, compliance, and public policy challenges (and opportunities!) Niantic encounters as it continues to develop innovative augmented reality experiences. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
In this role, you will develop and run systems to support all aspects of Niantic’s legal work, emphasizing general litigation support, eDiscovery and document collection, intellectual property protection, and subpoena responses. You will work with internal cross-functional teams, outside counsel, and vendors to manage litigation projects, processes, and tools and lead some of Niantic's IP enforcement.
A passion for mobile games and augmented reality is welcome, of course, but not required!
Our litigation arises at the intersection of our groundbreaking technology and constantly-evolving US and international law. You can help us protect the company in the following areas:
- eDiscovery. Working with colleagues from all Niantic teams, including IT, gather documents and other ESI to respond to civil discovery. Develop protocols to analyze, categorize, and transfer documents and data to outside counsel or vendors.
- Requests for User Information. Develop, run, and refine processes for responding to data requests from law enforcement, criminal defendants, and civil subpoenas.
- Information governance. Implement and improve information governance processes related to litigation, including preservation holds. Support operational and financial audits.
We work hard at Niantic to build novel and valuable intellectual property; you can play a key role in helping us protect it.
- Takedown requests and Enforcement. Use third party tools to assess and prioritize IP protection efforts and resources, and continue to refine Niantic’s IP enforcement priorities.
- Patents. Lead our interaction with engineering and product teams to collect invention disclosures, and facilitate patent prosecution by outside patent counsel.
- Copyright registration. Lead the copyright registration process for Niantic’s source code and other copyrightable work. Direct collection of copyright registration deposit materials such as source code, and work with engineering colleagues and outside counsel to implement our copyright registration strategy.
We would like to hear more about your skills and interests, to match you with other legal workstreams. These include the potential to support legal review of marketing materials relating to our contests and live events, and to participate in commercial contract negotiation and processing.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate's degree.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more with litigation support and any combination of the areas of focus described above (eDiscovery, Law enforcement requests/subpoenas, IP protection).
- EDRM (Electronic Document & Records Management) experience and comfort learning new technologies and tools.
- Past experience or an interest in growing your skillset to include one or more facets of Intellectual Property described above.
- Excellent judgment and the experience to work independently or to collaborate with others as necessary.
- Effective, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate to non-lawyers.
- Every job ad says this, but we mean it, you must be able to prioritize and efficiently project manage and problem solve in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous, multifaceted work environment.
- A sense of humor because.....2020 requires one.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top