Legal Analyst/Litigation Paralegal
- San Francisco, CA
Niantic Legal seeks a Litigation Paralegal / Legal Analyst to support our Legal team. Niantic Legal partners with teams across the company as we develop solutions for the legal, compliance, and public policy challenges (and opportunities!) Niantic encounters as it continues to develop innovative augmented reality experiences. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
In this role, you will develop and scale systems and processes to support all aspects of Niantic’s legal work, with a particular emphasis on general litigation support, eDiscovery, and intellectual property. You will work with internal cross-functional teams, outside counsel, and vendors to manage litigation projects, processes and tools and serve as a leader protecting Niantic's intellectual property.
A passion for mobile games and augmented reality is welcome, of course, but not required!
Our litigation arises at the intersection of our groundbreaking technology and constantly-evolving US and international law. You can help us protect the company in the following areas:
- eDiscovery. Working with colleagues from all Niantic teams, gather documents, data, and other information to respond to civil discovery and regulatory requests. Analyze, categorize, summarize, and transfer information and data to outside counsel, regulators, or vendors.
- Requests for User Information. Develop, implement, and refine policies and processes for responding to data requests from law enforcement, criminal defendants, and civil subpoenas. Ensure Niantic maintains the highest standards in responding to these requests.
- Information governance. Implement and improve information governance processes related to litigation, including litigation holds. Support operational and financial audits.
We work hard at Niantic to build novel and valuable intellectual property; you can play a key role in helping us protect it.
- Patents. Lead our interaction with engineering and product teams to collect invention disclosures, and facilitate patent prosecution by outside patent counsel.
- Copyright registration. Lead the copyright registration process for Niantic’s client source code and other copyrightable work. Direct collection of copyright registration deposit materials such as source code, and work with internal partners and outside counsel to implement our copyright registration strategy.
- Enforcement. Assess and prioritize IP protection efforts and resources, and continue to refine Niantic’s IP enforcement priorities.
We would like to hear more about your skills and interests, to match you with other legal workstreams. These include the potential to support legal review of marketing materials relating to our contests and live events, and to participate in commercial contract negotiation and processing.
- A Bachelor’s or Associate's degree.
- Demonstrated experience of 5 years or more with litigation support and any combination of the areas of focus described above (eDiscovery, Law enforcement requests, Information Governance).
- EDRM (Electronic Document & Records Management) experience.
- Past experience or an interest in growing your skillset to include one or more facets of Intellectual Property described above.
- Excellent judgment and the experience to work independently or to collaborate with others as necessary.
- Effective, clear, and concise written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate with cross-functional teams and non-lawyers.
- The ability to prioritize and efficiently project manage in a fast-paced, multifaceted work environment.
- A sense of humor because.....2020 requires one.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top