- Sunnyvale, CA
We are seeking an outgoing and upbeat problem solver to provide IT support to a diverse staff located in our main offices and around the world. Our mission is to ensure that all our teammates have the hardware and software they need to help Niantic produce fun games and exciting new technology. We support a highly technical environment of Windows, Linux and Mac Workstations. We need an extraordinary teammate who can work collectively and independently to answer support tickets and meet in-house project deadlines. If you love fixing problems and tinkering with all manner of computers, gadgets and software, you'll love working on our team.
- Provide courteous and expedient support to all staff, fixing problems with workstations, mobile devices, video conference equipment, and connectivity.
- Craft and curate all appropriate documentation including current user procedures, training materials, internal policies, etc.
- Welcome people to our initiatives by deploying Apple and Windows based hardware for new hires and existing employees, and supporting them in learning the tools and technology of our organization.
- Improve our computer deployment processes with automated scripting and imaging to scale as the company grows.
- Promote and enforce good information and physical security practices.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university; or 4+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 5+ years of technical (help desk) support in an environment with over 100 users.
- 2+ years of network or systems management.
- Experienced G Suite administrator.
- Familiarity with industry standard software used in Mobile or Video Game development, such as Unity, Xcode, Slack, Adobe and Autodesk suites.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows/Apple desktop platforms and Android/iOS mobile devices.
- Flexibility to work extended hours in emergency situations.
- You have Linux System Administration/Support Experience.
- You have technical certification (Microsoft MCP, A+, Network+ or equivalent).
- You have experience supporting Video Game or Mobile Software development.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top