Global Community Manager, New Product - APAC
- Tokyo, Japan
At Niantic, we’re passionate about real world, social, mobile games that inspire players to go on adventures with others. Do you share this passion and want to help encourage others to step outside and go on an adventure? If so, our Marketing team is seeking a Community Manager to serve as a player advocate capable of building quality community marketing and engagement programs. In this role, you will be working on a new project, currently developed under Niantic’s Tokyo Studio team, with close partnership with Nintendo. We’re looking for someone who is hardworking with proven communication and written skills and experience growing a brand’s presence online. If you're knowledgeable about community building, are an effective communicator, and are interested in championing community feedback, we'd love to hear from you.
In this role, you'll work closely and collaboratively with the Product and Marketing teams to surface community feedback to help inform product and campaign development. You'll also contribute to the creation of creative, community-first campaigns and engagement plans to support various feature launches, events, and social impact activities. You'll also work alongside the global marketing team to drive player engagement, retention, and online acquisition. This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Build and foster a community of players on our forums and social media channels through direct interaction and by engagement focused campaigns.
- Measure, monitor, and build detailed qualitative and quantitative sentiment reports identifying trends and opportunities for improvement.
- Represent the voice of the community in meetings with cross-functional partners of varying levels and job functions.
- Act as subject matter expert in core features, mechanics, metagame, in-game promotions, and community sentiment.
- Lead the development of cross channel community campaigns and engagement plans for product launches, new feature rollouts, and events, and report on their performance.
- Identify, amplify, and engage with high-quality user generated content.
- Work with regional community managers to gather input on regional and cultural differences to ensure campaigns are tailored to be impactful and appropriate globally.
- Generate high-quality blog and social content.
- Identify, support, and act as a point of contact for community content creators, fan sites, and organizers to capture feedback.
- Represent the team online and at events.
- Deep, demonstrated experience in community building and social media.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience with brand communications, community management, and social media.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in community relationship building, partnerships/collaborations, and talent management.
- Strategic problem solver with strong leadership and communication skills.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of community forums, social media platforms (Twitter, Reddit, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, etc.), and how they can help achieve business goals.
- Strong written communications and editorial skills.
- Able to make critical decisions under time constraints and a full workload.
- Able to occasionally work atypical hours to support launches and events.
- Able to travel (including international) once in-person events are possible.
- Strong familiarity and knowledge of gaming communities.
- Experience working within strict brand and legal guidelines is a plus.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top