Niantic is seeking a hardworking Software Engineer to help build the next generation of real-world AR games at massive scale, using Unity 3D for iOS and Android. Can you implement compelling gameplay mechanics for diverse and passionate players? Can you turn vision into reality in an efficient and scalable way? You will join a premier team creating differentiated and delightful mobile and AR experiences. You will tackle a wide variety of technical challenges while creating engaging and fun real-world gameplay experiences. Our Los Angeles team has extensive experience shipping critically and commercially successful titles across a wide range of platforms and genres, and are now bringing that experience to AR and mobile gaming.
- Build engaging gameplay features that are fun and easy to use.
- Create technical designs and develop code on game features for an unreleased title.
- Work with multi-functional teams of engineers, designers, artists, and producers to execute on a creative vision and deliver an extraordinary gameplay experience.
- Participate in code reviews, technical design reviews, and write unit tests.
- You have a BS in Computer Science or other technical major, or equivalent experience.
- You have at least five years of work experience developing in a multi-person game studio.
- You have 3D game engine experience, particularly in Unity3D.
- You can work in C#.
- You have experience with AR gameplay.
- You're experienced developing in Java.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top