- San Francisco, CA
Are you ready to design a game that builds a whole new way of exploring and interacting with the world through Augmented Reality? We’re looking for a Game Designer to help create accessible, engaging, fun AR experiences. You will work with a cross-functional game team to help craft dynamic and exciting gameplay that delights our players and motivates them to go out and explore the world!
- Coordinate with product managers, data analysts, engineers, and artists to implement game features and content.
- Deliver clear and concise engineering-ready product specs.
- Communicate game system concepts, interactions, implementation processes, and risks.
- Discover opportunities for and conceptualize new game systems, content, and feature improvements.
- Test and tune game play balance throughout the product lifecycle.
- Create, run, and maintain live events and new game content.
- Work iteratively with game development teams and Niantic platform teams, contributing to roadmap planning.
- Passion for video games; an avid gamer with a solid understanding of mobile games.
- Champion game features from inception to launch.
- Experience with game balance and pacing in a free-to-play economic model.
- Expertise with spreadsheets and in manipulating, summarizing, and maintaining large data sets.
- Have worked on a high profile game with a significant amount of daily active users.
- Proficiency in Unity game development.
- 3+ years designing digital games.
- 1+ years optimizing live mobile games.
- Experience with AR games or features.
- Experience with live-ops games.
- Experience building prototypes.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top