Niantic, the developer behind popular games like Pokemon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is searching for a Data Engineer with an extensive server infrastructure background. Join a group of experienced engineers to help build and scale Niantic's core data infrastructure. This is a nimble, motivated team responsible for building trust, owning data integrity, and supporting data-driven decision-making at Niantic.
- Architect the data stack responsible for storing and processing enormous volumes of analytics data.
- Design efficient, extensible data models for use with Niantic's data pipelines and analytics systems.
- Improve and extend core data competency for the User Acquisition pipeline to facilitate tools and reporting in support of growing UA efforts.
- Organize and secure data drawn from diverse sources and build streamlined ETL pipelines to transform and validate it.
- Mentor and offer technical guidance to data engineers, data scientists, and infrastructure engineers.
- Work with the Product Team and Management to define a shared vision, an execution strategy, and communicate timeline and trade-offs.
- 4+ years of experience developing and deploying robust, large-scale data pipelines.
- A high degree of attention to detail and clear aptitude for finding and resolving data integrity issues.
- Proven success in securing and auditing data stores and implementing legal compliance, e.g. GDPR.
- Deep knowledge of available data storage technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Druid, and their trade-offs.
- Excel in developing general purpose solutions to difficult problems and building elegant solutions.
- Strong communicator to both technical and non-technical people and demonstrated ability to document technical design decisions.
- Expert in Java or Scala, Python and SQL.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Familiarity with mobile advertising, user acquisition and associated data processing and metrics (e.g. attribution, retention, CPI, ROAS).
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with the large advertising networks, e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple.
- Knowledge of the Google data stack (e.g. Dataflow, BigQuery, BigTable).
- Proficient in the use of Airflow, Composer.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top