Do you want to join a growing data team and have a huge impact on products used by millions of people around the world? Niantic, the developer behind popular games like Pokemon GO and Harry Potter: Wizards Unite is searching for a Data Engineer with substantial server development background. Join a group of experienced engineers to help build and scale Niantic's core analytics data infrastructure. You will join a nimble, motivated team responsible for building trust, owning data integrity, and supporting data-driven decision-making at Niantic.
- Be a key contributor to the data stack responsible for storing and processing enormous volumes of business and analytics data.
- Design efficient, extensible data models for use with Niantic's data pipelines, analytics, and BI.
- Collaborate with ML, data scientists, and Legal to design and implement compliant, secure, and robust feature stores.
- Improve and extend the User Acquisition pipeline and facilitate tools / reporting in support of growing UA efforts.
- Organize and secure data drawn from diverse sources and build streamlined ETL pipelines to transform and validate it.
- A high degree of attention to detail and clear aptitude for finding and resolving data integrity issues.
- Experience implementing legal compliance, particularly building GDPR compliant data stores.
- Production experience with data storage technologies such as Hadoop, Cassandra, Druid, and their trade-offs.
- Effective communication with both technical and non-technical people and proven track record documenting technical design decisions.
- Expert in Java, Python, and SQL.
Candidate will have 4+ years work experience developing and deploying robust, large-scale data pipelines. Holds a BS in computer science, statistics, engineering or related field. Graduate degree preferred but not required.
- Familiarity with mobile advertising, user acquisition, and associated data processing and metrics (e.g. attribution, retention, CPI, ROAS).
- Detailed knowledge of and experience with the large advertising networks, e.g. Google, Facebook, Twitter, Apple.
- Knowledge of the Google data stack (e.g. Spanner, BigQuery, BigTable).
- Experience with cloud deployment and data processing tools (e.g. Airflow, Composer, Dataflow).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top