Customer Operations Manager - APAC
The Niantic Customer Operations Team provides global customer support while using tools to ensure a high-quality gameplay experience for tens of millions of users. We are seeking an APAC Customer Operations Manager who will be responsible for APAC customer support operations including but not limited to social media support and community management.
As a part of the Operations team, you will collaborate with individuals across different functions and within various geographies to provide excellent operational support for Niantic’s location based gaming products.
This role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
- Deliver the customer support performed by vendor agents covering APAC languages (mainly Japanese).
- Collaborate with internal teams to develop and improve the operation process that maximize customer experience and achieve higher value realization and customer satisfaction.
- Be the point of contact for our APAC support agents; this includes, but is not limited to, answering policy questions, reviewing and implementing suggestions for process improvements, and following escalation protocols.
- Act as the liaison between the Global support functional teams and the APAC cross functional team to drive the improvements for APAC customer support.
- Plan and execute day-to-day operations of the social media support for APAC languages (mainly Japanese) - including writing or editing regular posts and announcements as a public face of Niantic Support, empowering our community and lead a team of vendor agents.
- Work with vendor agents and APAC cross functional teams to collect input on regional and cultural differences and improve the operation process and the workflow.
- Perform key tasks including but not limited to workflow and process development, issue (bug) tracking and prioritization, documenting process and data analysis.
- Constantly look for solutions to problems and evaluate ways to more efficiently and effectively lead the global support processes from APAC standpoint.
- Native level Japanese and business level English.
- Exceptional verbal and written Japanese and English communication skills.
- You have a BA/BS degree and 3+ years of experience in streamlining and scaling customer support operations for Japan users.
- Extraordinary problem solver with strong analytical and quantitative skills. You are excited by the opportunity to fix something.
- You can lead complex projects and communicate cross-functionally and across geographies with all levels.
- You can take ambiguous details and translate them into executable action items.
- You can read an engineering spec for a new feature and understand where users might need support.
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a dynamic, constantly evolving team environment.
- Real passion for our mission and products.
- You have gaming industry experience.
- You have work experience in online community engagement and social media management.
- You have in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and product forums and how they can be used to achieve business goals.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and recently released third title, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top