Niantic’s Augmented Reality (AR) Mapping team seeks a Computer Vision Software Engineer to help build and scale our AR cloud platform. We’re a highly collaborative and engaging team, working to help algorithms evolve from concept to production at scale, and this is your chance to join us in our journey to map the world. We are all passionate about innovation, so we’re looking for engineers who want to learn and ship products that “inspire people to explore the world together”.
Niantic Engineering leads the advancement of AR and other immersive technologies while creating engaging apps for a user base in the billions.
- Design, develop and maintain production computer vision systems that are used to enhance Niantic’s AR capabilities for the delight of our users.
- Collaborate cross functionally with products, operations and other engineering teams to ship advanced computer vision solutions to enable new AR experiences.
- Optimize runtime to make best use of current technologies in cloud and/or mobile.
- Write high performance code, debug complex problems that span systems, prioritize tasks effectively and efficiently to meet agreed timelines.
- Work with Niantic research team to evaluate and help productionize cutting edge innovation to push what can be done today in AR.
- Master's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 3+ years of software development experience.
- Experience writing production code in C++.
- Solid understanding of computer vision, machine learning or similar concepts.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of experience developing algorithms for image processing, computer vision or similar endeavors.
- Experience implementing, hardening or optimizing stereo triangulation-based depth methods, dense depth computation, multi-view reconstruction, SLAM or other problems in 3D computer vision.
- Experience developing performance and quality metrics, designing for distributed computing and large-scale systems (e.g. GCP, mapreduce, spanner) or designing algorithms for novel hardware architectures (e.g. GPGPU, DSP, SIMD fixed-point).
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.