- Los Angeles, CA
Niantic Labs, creator of Ingress and Pokémon GO, seeks a 3D Character Artist to help build a wide variety of character assets for an exciting new AR location based game that is heavily character focused. The ideal candidate will collaborate with the character and concept teams to deliver beautifully crafted character models that set the bar for the next generation of AR platforms.
At Niantic, we work with some of the world's most advanced AR technologies to design visually creative, ground-breaking mobile experiences for tens of millions of users worldwide, inspiring discovery, exercise, and meaningful social experiences.
- Using Maya, ZBrush and Substance Painter, you will model and texture a variety of high resolution character models and then craft efficient, game-ready models and textures, making sure they are optimum for mobile platforms.
- Clearly communicate schedule updates and communicate timely concerns to the production team.
- Collaborate with the Technical Art and Engineering teams, offering creative and efficient solutions to help solve performance related issues.
- 3D modeling skill set which includes an intermediate knowledge of Maya, Substance Painter and Zbrush.
- Solid knowledge of human anatomy and the ability to work with stylized subject matter.
- Experience with Unity 3D or another equivalent game engine.
- Self-driven - proactively improves skill set and abilities by keeping aware of industry trends and craft techniques, evaluating competing products and learning new software packages.
- Solid understanding of mobile platform limitations and optimizations.
- Previous experience on modular asset creation such as player avatars and shared assets.
- Experience working on a live-op's game title.
- Working with file versioning software such as sourcetree, Perforce or GIT.
Join the Niantic team!
Niantic is the world’s leading AR technology company, sparking creative and engaging journeys in the real world. Our products inspire outdoor exploration, exercise, and meaningful social interaction.
Originally formed at Google in 2011, we became an independent company in 2015 with a strong group of investors including Nintendo, The Pokémon Company, and Alsop Louie Partners. Our current consumer titles include pioneering global-control game Ingress, record-breaking AR game Pokémon GO, and Harry Potter:Wizards Unite. Our developer platform, Lightship, launches soon.
Niantic is an Equal Opportunity employer. We believe that cultivating a workplace where our people are supported and included is essential to creating great products our community will love. Our mission emphasizes seeking and hiring diverse voices, including those who are traditionally underrepresented in the technology industry, and we consider this to be one of the most important values we hold close.
We're a hard-working, fun, and exciting group who value intellectual curiosity and a passion for problem-solving! We have growing offices located in San Francisco, Sunnyvale, Bellevue, Los Angeles, London, Tokyo, Hamburg, and Zurich.
Back to top