VP of Brand Strategy
The VP of Brand Strategy is a senior leader within the marketing team who is responsible for overseeing the NFP brand experience in its entirety. This involves establishing the over-arching brand strategies for our internal and external audiences by supporting the company objectives through strategic relationships. Those relationships encompass adjacent marketing leaders, executives, business line leaders, vendors, new acquisitions, employees, clients and prospects. The role also serves to provide strategic vision for the brand team and oversight of all NFP owned digital properties and associated programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
At NFP relationships are everything. Strong personal relationships are a genuine part of how we do business both internally and externally. Building and maintaining these relationships will drive success in the following key areas of responsibility:
- Strategic Brand Planning – working closely with marketing and company leaders to ensure the marketing plan stays aligned to company objectives.
- Digital Strategy – working closely with agency partners and stake holders to ensure that NFP's digital strategy is aligned to company objectives and driving measurable results.
- Marketing and Brand Advocacy – building strong partnerships with business lines and shared services to ensure a consistent brand experience with all audiences.
At NFP the brand team is comprised of two divisions – the public relations (PR) team and the creative team. Within PR falls content strategy and social media. The creative team is comprised of content development (writing), editing, graphic design, digital design and videography/animation. The brand team is a key player in our marketing mix, responsible for the day-to day brand experience in every capacity. Leading this group will entail the following:
- Ensuring the brand message is consistently disseminated across all marketing, public relations, social and creative programs. Our internal audiences are just as important as the external audiences.
- Acting as the collaborative champion between the brand, operations, field marketing and meeting and events teams.
- Driving brand alignment in everything we do. From internal communications to podcasts, videos, campaigns, micro sites, advertising and even M&A presentation decks – everything must be an authentic brand experience.
- Brand evangelism to ensure that the NFP brand is accurately represented and articulated in every project we own.
- Mentoring, inspiring and coaching the brand team by providing professional development opportunities, strategic brand direction, constructive feedback/approvals and an open door policy for questions.
- Ensuring timely and accurate communication with various third party vendors.
The hub of the NFP brand experience lies with NFP.com, and our emerging digital strategy. The VP of Brand Strategy will lead cross discipline teams in creating that digital strategy, managing our award-winning website and all other owned digital properties.
- Providing strategic oversight to the digital and PR agency relationship.
- Working closely with our internal M&A and integration teams to smoothly integrate new company offerings (via corporate acquisitions) into our digital ecosystem.
- Providing visionary leadership and oversight for the creative team through complex integrations and new site developments.
- Continue to drive a digital evolution across all digital properties.
- Ensure alignment between integration teams and NFP's PR team
TO SUCCEED THIS JOB, YOU MUST HAVE:
- Deep digital experience with a winning track record
- A calm and thoughtful management style
- Master collaboration skills
- A passion for brand strategy and experience
- Experience in a complex b2b consulting environment
- Brand experience in an acquisition driven environment
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Solid PR and social media chops
- The ability to capture a room and sell your ideas
- A sense of humor
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A MUST
- You can design in PowerPoint as well as Adobe
- You can write more than just a headline
- You can rally an executive leadership team
- You know the difference between an insurance carrier and a brokerage
- You know what EBITDA is
- You've got mad MEME skillz
- You are patient and kind
- Oversee all members of the brand team to ensure brand consistency and alignment with company objectives
- Manage performance reviews, coaching to maximize success, setting goals for career development
- Lead interview process for new candidates
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in design, writing, public relations, communications or related field. Equivalent combination of internship, technical training or work experience will be considered.
- Minimum 15+ years of experience is preferred.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top