VP: Commercial Lines Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews and approves time sheets for direct report staff.
- Supervises designated staff and manages all personnel issues in conjunction with company policy guidelines, including:
- Creation and delivery of employee performance appraisals
- Monitoring time off and granting time off requests
- Attends regularly scheduled staff meetings.
- Attends client meetings as necessary.
- Assist in the recruitment and interview process for open positions.
- Assist in monitoring and directing the flow of work of the department and implement changes as necessary.
- Assist staff with complex negotiations or transactions, handling difficult insured or carrier personnel and backlog problems on accounts.
- Monitor various reports such as open diary reports and discuss with staff as necessary.
- Responsible to keep up on industry changes and market strategies and communicating information with staff as necessary.
- Responsible for training or directing the training of new staff.
- Assist team members with technical, placement and client problems and monitor the status of various projects (i.e. renewals, new business) and the department in general and take corrective action where necessary.
- Provide bi-weekly update of renewals in process to corporate leadership.
- Assist in pre-renewal meetings with staff to discuss upcoming renewals 4 months in advance of renewals.
- Maintain and augment the department's book of renewal business to assist in the production of new business for the department.
- Responsible for managing Service Fee Agreements and updating spreadsheet for Commercial Lines Department.
- Responsible for monitoring and distributing electronic copies of policies, endorsements, audits, etc. from select insurance carriers to the staff.
- Assist Senior Vice President in conducting internal Account Audits for E&O purposes.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Will supervise all Commercial Lines staff.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top