Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and day to day management and maintenance of the NFP corporate phone system.
- Provide a point of escalation for requests from the help desk team.
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the client community.
- Provide support for all Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing customers regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy.
- Determine the most effective manner to resolve client's technical issue. Engage in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consult with other staff when necessary.
- Record required customer and problem information in the corporate Ticketing System. Update tickets with appropriate journal entries of activities, and closes tickets with resolution entered upon completion of the job.
- Resolve all levels of work orders as assigned. Elevate complex and/or high priority problems to the appropriate support groups for resolution.
- Verify that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up.
- Work on Help Desk related projects as assigned by supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
This position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Customer interactions must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a professional manner.
This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. The ability to work through a situation to a satisfactory resolution to the customer is key. Ability to work independently or in a team setting is necessary.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be able to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- Familiarity with a wide range of standard office automation products is a must.
- High energy level.
- Detail oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
Education and/or Experience:
- The position requires experience managing a large phone system and managing phone system migrations including porting phone numbers.
- Experience in hardware, software troubleshooting, or equivalent training and/or education are necessary.
- Customer service training and/or experience are beneficial.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:None
Back to top