Sr. Plan Advisor
- Lehi, UT
Position Summary & Overall purpose:
The Senior Plan Advisor is responsible for providing comprehensive and proactive financial planning advice to Employer-sponsored retirement plan participants and private wealth clients. Their main focus is assisting clients with accomplishing a range of financial goals including investment allocation, income and estate tax minimization strategies, insurance reviews and cash flow management in line with the client’s stated goals and objectives.
- Meeting individually with retirement plan participants at the worksite and virtually.
- Playing a key role on a client-facing team providing financial wellness support to clients with sophisticated financial planning, sales and white-glove client service. This includes meeting with clients to deliver NFP’s worksite financial wellness and private wealth solutions.
- Utilizing knowledge and experience in the areas of estate planning, insurance & risk management, investments, retirement planning, tax planning, philanthropy, and educational planning to develop high-value holistic financial plans.
- Working to keep clients actively engaged in the planning process and to ensure an exceptional client experience. This would include connecting with clients regularly and taking every opportunity to add value to the relationship.
- Maintain a comprehensive list of financial planning action items that includes all current outstanding planning items for the client.
- Consistently and proactively follow up with clients to ensure timely execution of all planning strategies.
- Report to plan sponsors on in-meeting behavioral changes, meeting successes and improved financial health of plan participants.
- Requires some travel
JOB COMPETENCIES: (knowledge, experience, skills & abilities and behaviors/attitudes)
- Mastery of financial planning concepts as well as advanced knowledge of estate planning, asset allocation, and income tax planning concepts
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs.
- Stay up to date on regulatory matters impacting job duties.
- Time Management - Use of Salesforce, PMP to manage day through tasking, calendar, activities and adding client documents to their personal record.
- Conduct productive meetings with disciplined follow up.
- Persistent with fellow team members to complete any unfinished tasks prior to due date
- Good interpersonal skills are crucial to success. You must be good at communicating clearly with clients verbally and in writing
- Recognize opportunities to introduce other NFP departments to meet financial planning needs
- Notices discrepancies and inconsistencies in information and make a systematic comparison of two or more alternatives before acting.
- Recognizes when to escalate appropriate or specific situations to the next higher level of expertise
- Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve a client’s needs effectively
- Team oriented; demonstrates a service attitude.
- Is comfortable working individually with clients and articulating strategic financial and retirement planning initiatives.
- Take personal ownership for delivering superior results; Conscientious
- Dedicated to exceeding internal and external client expectations
- Present a positive demeanor with all clients (internal and external)
- Maintaining positive working relationships with client’s third party advisors.
- Show concern for quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities.
- Embrace technology as a catalyst to improve processes & efficiencies
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
§ College Degree Required
§ CFP Designation (ideal)
§ Prior Experience Working with Large Client Base
§ Investment Management and Financial Planning experience a Plus
§ Income tax experience a plus
§ Series 6 and 63 Required. Series 65 within first 6 months of employment
Back to top