Sr. Financial Analyst-Benefits
This role is positioned for Bethesda, MD, but we have multiple offices in the DC metro area which could be assigned if it is more convenient and the hire can attend client and/or office meetings in the Bethesda area as required.
As a Financial/Data Analyst, you will be a member of our client facing teams responsible for researching, analyzing, collecting and evaluating data from medical, dental, life and disability benefits plans and programs for employers of all sizes.
Data analysis - assist the team in gathering, organizing and entering information and data into Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint presentations to be used for various client projects. Types of projects and responsibilities that would be used in Client meetings and budget discussions include:
- Cost projections and vendor renewal workups – gather data from the client and vendors to develop cost projections and evaluation in conjunction with the consulting team.
- Tracking claims experience – gather data from client and vendors; check the data for reasonableness; and enter into an Excel template which tracks actual versus expected healthcare costs for a client on a monthly basis.
- Quarterly claims presentations- prepare quarterly claims data to help analyze trends and areas of improvement or utilization which will impact renewal of plans.
- Plan design comparison – gather design data from the client and current vendors needed for analyzing the impact of a client’s consolidation and/or marketing of its healthcare plans.
Learn the basics of Health and Benefits products, services and tools - gain an understanding of vendor/carrier markets, basic underwriting and financial skills, products, services and technical tools.
Assist in the preparation of client presentations.
Develop benchmarking reports - gather health benefits data from various surveys.
Assist in the overall benchmarking of client renewals for use by consultants.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5-7 years of financial analytic experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills; strong command of Excel and PPT.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- State Life Accident & Health License must be obtained within one year of hire date.
Back to top