Sr. Copy Writer
- Austin, TX
Summary: At NFP, the Senior Copy Writer is our resident expert on the brand voice and architecture, ensuring that consistent and high-quality print and digital communications advance our business and brand strategy. The Senior Copy Writer is responsible for conception, writing, editing and proofreading B2B and B2C marketing content across NFP and its corporate benefits, insurance and wealth management business lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Copy writing for internal and external NFP initiatives, developing a wide range of effective print, digital and social media collateral and communications, including, but not limited to, brochures, white papers, articles, blogs, advertisements, video scripts, emails, direct mail, corporate communications, website content, memos, slide decks, conference materials and sales sheets.
- Work with all levels of NFP employees and leadership, as well as advisors and other SMEs, to obtain information, messaging and perspectives needed to create compelling print, digital and social media content.
- Develops original creative concepts for writing projects that effectively target designated audiences.
- Rewrite existing copy to raise quality.
- Edit and proofread a wide range of communications and collateral for accuracy, spelling, grammar, style consistency, tone, flow, comprehension and format.
- Collaborate with project managers, designers to understand a project’s goals and key messages prior to writing, rewriting or editing, and to receive and implement feedback.
- Review proofs of print and electronic publications throughout the production process.
- Assist with implementation and maintenance of social media strategies.
- Ensure communications and collateral are consistent with the NFP Brand strategy.
- Maintain and use the NFP Editorial Style Guide to ensure style consistency.
- Provide guidance to junior copywriter and editors, as well as freelancers, when needed.
- Have an interest in insurance brokerage and consulting, wealth management, benefits and investment services and the ability/desire to learn about NFP and the industry.
- Demonstrate professionalism, accountability, customer/client focus and teamwork.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously with strict deadlines using the NFP project management system.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Outstanding writing and editing skills, and a passion for the job.
- Strong verbal communication skills, including the ability to interact and work well with all levels of staff and management.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Well-organized and self-motivated.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Ability to produce quality work in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfortable working with a style guide; knowledge of AP Style a plus.
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team.
- Financial services knowledge or experience a plus.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, marketing, business, English or equivalent work experience required.
- 3-5 years of professional writing and editing experience focused on communicating effectively and creatively with targeted audiences.
- Background in marketing communications preferred.
Back to top