Sr. Benefit Analyst, Employee Benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the Renewal/Marketing Process including but limited to:
- Gather vendor information and/or information from clients for marketing purposes
- Organize data into NFP format
- Prepare RFP and send to carriers
- Prepare proposal data into NFP format
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (SalesForce) in a timely manner and that documents are stored appropriately in file system (Image/Right, OneBox)
- Prepare client meeting presentations and client executive summaries, reviews for accuracy.
- Implement the Client Service Playbook with high attention to detail and company standards.
- Help coordinate the implementation of new plans and/or the continuation of current plans and contract changes.
- Preparation and yearly maintenance of client communications such as Open Enrollment materials and Employee Benefits Guides; Attend Open Enrollment meetings.
- Review benefit plan summaries and carrier source documents for accuracy.
- Assist Account Teams in day-to-day client servicing by fielding specific client questions and needs.
- Understand, interpret and articulate carrier and vendor responses to clients.
- Develop effective relationships with client and carrier contacts.
- Prepare and analyze client benchmarking reports.
- Prepare and send client invoices for consulting services.
- Maintain and track client strategy calendars, deliverables, open items and internal NFP client templates.
- Research compliance issues and questions.
- Perform follow up with clients and team members on action plans to ensure decisions are implemented, contracts prepared, and appropriate parties notified.
- Assist in coordination of client wellness deliverables, including fairs and flu shot clinics.
- Special projects including coordination of 5500 filings and wrap documents and assistance with client compliance audits.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance with all client information obtained in the course of work.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Diligent follow up skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Four Year college or university degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, and Industrial Psychology, Economics or Healthcare related field.
- 5 years of health and welfare consulting experience is preferable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Employees required to possess or obtain the Life and Health License within 4 months of employment.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Back to top