Sr. Account Manager: Property & Casualty
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Create complete marketing submissions including client coverage needs, gathering exposure data, researchingproperty, vehicle and equipment values through serial numbers, replacement cost assessments, client invoices and/or tax and financial data.
- Review prior policies and analyze coverage for gaps and coverage enhancements for new business opportunities.
- Create Broker of Record (BOR) letters and submit to carriers for acceptance.
- For renewal and new business, complete Acord applications, specialty applications & supplemental applications by accessing the missing data and assisting the producer with full completion of all necessary applications.
- Review and analyze historical data, such as payroll, revenue, employee count, contracted cost, number of vehicles in comparison to premium and losses, to discuss the account with carriers & clients on pricing and coverage options.
- Review prior claim history and provide an explanation of catastrophic losses that have been corrected with an enhancement of the client's risk management policies or procedures.
- Be familiar with carrier appetites and the market climate for proper selection and advice to Producers on eligible markets available for marketing. Develop market rapport with carriers.
- Work with carriers to assure them of complete, accurate and timely information to help them with their assessment of the account.
- Negotiate pricing and coverage terms in the client's best interest.
- Prepare client proposals, according to NFP standardization, from carrier quotes that reflect an accurate presentation of the coverage terms, pricing, exposure basis, renewal comparisons and marketing results. Highlight coverage gaps or coverage differences to make sure the insured is aware of any potential limitation or lack of coverage in the event of a loss.
- Oversee and delegate tasks to team members, which includes account assistants, claims managers, accounting managers and Producers to assure the client's needs are met.
- Perform all technical and clerical functions for the assigned book of business to assure the insurance service needs of individual clients are met. These functions include but are not limited to client file set-up, issuing evidence of insurance forms, application completion, and endorsement and renewal processing. Initiating or assisting with new business as directed by the Producer.
- Discuss and add new lines of coverage to existing accounts.
- Maintain proficiency in all technical aspects of the position including policy review, limits, coverages, program design, solvency issues as well as excess & surplus lines placements.
- Inform and educate clients about policy coverages, changes, exclusions and needs.
- Prepare summaries of insurance and create schedules and proposals as needed for account review. Remarket and handle other renewal activities with the Account Manager/Account Executive/Producer.
- Review with the Producer the service plan designed for the client and maintain diary alerts and follow ups to assure the deliverables are met as agreed upon to our clients. Create, review and update diaries, with clients and carriers, as necessary, or upon the receipt or delivery of insurer documentation (relates to billing, endorsements, waivers, policy audits, signed policies, certificates, accounts receivables, quotes).
- Review & analyze coverage with the review of insurance requirements in contractual obligations by the insured.
- Proofread all documents to ensure completeness and accuracy of information in documents produced for service team members, clients or carriers.
- Address client needs by communicating with the client, via computer, phone, or face-to- face interaction, and ensure that all appropriate resources are being utilized.
- Use agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments.
- Analyze loss run/claim history reports including ModMaster.
- Timely completion of policy review and our E&O checklist to conform to professional standards.
- Responsible for assuring all client billings are entered accurately into system 30 days prior to company due date.
- Develop and maintain complete, accurate, and timely data in EPIC according to NFP Standards, Policies & Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by manager
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top