Sr. Account Manager, Commercial Lines
- Chicago, IL
Provide clients with expertise in the field of Commercial Lines insurance along with a quality of service that maintains long-term relationships. Maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions, ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction. Support and maintain the Commercial Lines Department, including staff and production.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Service of Commercial Lines Insurance
- Disseminate appropriate needs of client as it relates to Commercial Insurance
- Facilitate requests and needs of Carriers on behalf of clients
- Enter client/prospect data into Agency Management System (EPIC)
- Secure and prepare summaries of clients’ historical Loss Data (using Excel)
- Assist Account Executives with marketing Carriers for appropriate coverage as needed
- Use online carrier tools to develop quotations
- Prepare pre-renewal information for client’s review and approval
- Update client proposals (Word Tables)
- Process completed applications, including follow-up for documents required
- Request policy changes as requested by client, Account Executive or Producer
- Check Policies, Endorsements and Policy Audits for accuracy
- Bill policy transactions
- Follow through on transactions to ensure policies are properly issued
- Work on special projects as assigned at the direction of Account Executive and office leadership
- Mentor and train account management team
- Auditing of accounts
- Assist Account Managers with support of their book of business as needed
- Meet with clients as needed
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well in a team environment
- Customer focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong attention to details, decision making skills, and problem resolution
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or general education degree (GED), college degree preferred
- Must have P&C License or working to obtain
- Minimum 3 years previous P&C insurance office experience desired
- EPIC experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- Must have P&C Insurance License
- Professional insurance designation preferred (such as CIC, CISR, CPCU, etc.)
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a desk or computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds
WORKING CONDITIONS: Climate controlled open office environment.
NOTE: The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Back to top