Sports \u0026 Entertainment Management Liability Broker
- Plainview, NY
BWD Sports and Entertainment, LLC an NFP company, is world-renowned for our proficiency in designing comprehensive insurance programs for sports leagues, teams, players’ associations, athletes, executives, and facilities, as well as entertainers and film production companies. Our unmatched expertise in this market allows us to devise sophisticated plans that meet the needs of our clients in this industry. We are committed to providing our clients with the highest level of individualized service. Our professional staff is comprised of insurance experts, including those with legal and business backgrounds. Our ongoing recruitment and staff development programs ensure that our employees have the education, training and experience necessary to provide our clients with superior service. Whenever and wherever we may be needed, BWD's key executives and team leaders travel from our headquarters in New York to represent our clients' worldwide interests and provide on-the-spot assessment and support. In doing so, we are able to ensure the continuity and maintain the close, personal involvement that each of our clients can expect when working with BWD - anywhere in the world.
This Senior Account Executive will focus on Management Professional Liability exposures and assist the Account Management Team in the review and placement of coverage, execution and oversight of these placements & renewals, and assist in any/all service and claims administration responsibilities.
The Senior Account Executive will actively collaborate with carriers and limited intermediaries to create and deliver valuable solutions for our clients, with an eye at transforming the ‘customer experience’ as well.
The main responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement strategy for the Professional and Management Liability product offerings within the Sports & Entertainment team to drive growth.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with clients and carrier partners to successfully build portfolio of business and meet client needs.
- Conduct reviews and analyses of submissions and thorough analysis of primary operations, products and management teams. Implement process for underwriting reviews.
- Collaborate with internal business units such as Marketing and Intellectual Capital to conduct market research and implement marketing strategies.
- Identify opportunities for new product offerings and cross selling other NFP products and services.
- Seek and coordinate new business development activities in current product line and opportunities for new services through active relationship building techniques.
- Coordinate approach with other business unit leaders, field and respond to new business inquiries, develop marketing strategies and assist with external and internal branding execution.
- Recognize opportunities for growth and implement strategies that will enhance client satisfaction, company market share, revenue growth and profitability. Fully develop and utilize the company’s capabilities and position the company as a strategic partner.
- Identify issues effecting clients/prospects and develop strategies to effectively resolve these issues/concerns.
- Responsible for the development and analysis of Request for Proposals
- Will manage one direct report and may build a team to drive growth of Sports business and execution of goals.
- Stays abreast of industry trends and changes.
- Any other special projects, tasks or duties as assigned by Management.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- 10+ years of insurance experience within the management liability lines of coverage (D&O, EPL, Media, Cyber, Fiduciary, Crime)
- Financial analysis skills
- Must be NYS licensed insurance P&C broker
- Proficient with technology; Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Access.
- Travel will be required.
- Ability to work flexible and/or extended hours as needed.
- Demonstrated industry business acumen.
- Analytical, proactive problem-solving skills.
- Organized with demonstrated attention to detail.
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with ability to multi task.
- Leadership experience in managing professional liability insurance with an insurance brokerage firm is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably with Finance, Economics, Accounting or Business Management specialization, with master’s degree preferred.
- Additional Professional Designations or Certifications desired, such as, RPLU, ARM, CPCU and/or other industry designations are a plus.
- Experience with EPIC agency management system
NFP has more than 4,600 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We have become one of the largest insurance brokerages, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 150+ sales offices across the country.
We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.
Back to top