Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties/projects may be assigned.
- Analyzes and reviews general ledger and journal entries each month in multiple systems.
- Prepares and analyzes financial information detailing combined financial statements, individual company financials, balance sheet, income statement accounts and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected company financial position.
- Preparation of Combined Financial statements and Individual company financials.
- Reviewing, analyzing budgets versus actual results.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within designated limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Performs statistical analyses to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Analyzes accounting control procedures within Northeast accounting through daily and monthly tasks.
- Makes recommendations regarding the accounting of reserves, assets, and expenditures.
- Conducts, studies, and submits recommendations for improving the organization's accounting operation.
- Participate in year-end financial and other audits with internal and external auditors.
- Participate in annual budget preparation for Northeast companies.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Six years comparable experience
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Accounting
- Microsoft Word basics
- Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Organized and process driven
- Prior insurance agency experience
- Applied EPIC AMS
Back to top