Senior Account Manager
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Answer phone, email correspondence, and provide support to clients and carriers. Work with Account Executive and Producer.
- Use the computer for preparation, process and maintenance of documents and materials in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner. (Relates to applications, submissions, binders, proposals, certificates, auto I.D. cards, regulatory filings, invoices, reports, proposals, etc.)
- Maintain diary alerts and follow up, through the computer system, with clients and carriers, as necessary, or upon the receipt or delivery of insurer documentation (relates to billing, endorsements, waivers, policy audits, signed policies, certificates, accounts receivables, quotes.
- Proofread all documents to ensure completeness and accuracy of information and documents produced for service team members, clients or carriers.
- Address client needs by communicating with the client, via computer, phone, or face to face interaction, and ensuring that all appropriate resources are being utilized.
- Inform and educate clients about policy coverage, changes, exclusion and needs.
- Prepare summaries of insurance, create schedules and proposals as needed for account review. Remarket and handle other renewal activities with the Account Manager/Account Executive/Producer.
- Uses agency credit and collection policy in invoicing and pursuing prompt payments.
- Work within an environment that is a true team in nature.
- Meet state educational requirements to maintain licenses.
- Perform all technical and clerical functions for the assigned book of business to assure insurance service needs of individual clients are met. These functions include but are not limited to client file set-up, issuing evidence of insurance forms, application completion, endorsement and renewal processing. Initiating or assisting with new business as directed by the Producer.
- Possible day travel as needed to meet with clients and company underwriters.
- Production of new lines of coverage to existing accounts.
- Marketing, including submissions and proposals: (Develop account submission by gathering account underwriting information and market submission directly to underwriter(s) – as directed by Producer. Prepare client/prospect proposal. Develop market rapport with carriers).
- Develop and maintain the data of the Agency Automation System – Applied Systems.
- Analyze loss run/claim history reports; ability to utilize ModMaster.
- Responsible for assuring client's coverage documents conform to Program Review/Proposal.
- Timely completion of policy review and our E&O checklist to confirm to professional standards.
- Responsible for assuring all (Agency Bill) client billings are entered accurately into system 30 days prior to company due date. Bill Direct Billed Items according to company statements.
- Maintain proficiency in all technical aspects of the position including policy review, limits, coverages, program design, solvency issues as well as excess & surplus lines placements.
- Commitment to continual self-improvement and all State Education Requirements.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills
- Strong command of Excel and Word
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and follow-through; maintains a sense of urgency
- Professional designations preferred/helpful (CIC, AAI, CISR, CPIA)
- High visibility and communication with clients, prospects, vendors, and carriers. Internal contact with producers and support staff.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Account Manager, Benefits
Kristie is responsible for maintaining great relationships with NFP company clients, answering the questions of current partners, creating proposals for contract renewal and preparing materials for open-enrollment meetings.
Back to top