Senior Account Executive, Employee Benefits
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Develop relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Anticipate client needs and identify the strategies to solve them.
- Review request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions. Oversee implementations of new business.
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies.
- Work with director to develop and execute client strategy plan and defined deliverables.
- Oversee Open Enrollment process for clients; Review employee presentations and communication materials.
- Oversee annual projects for clients including Non-Discrimination Testing, Healthcare Reform fee calculations and Imputed Income Calculations.
- Conduct annual client compliance audits using NFP portal.
- Genuine understanding of client financial mechanics and projections.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues. Explain legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform to clients; Keep clients aware of updates on relevant
- Interpret plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- Day-to-day client servicing including eligibility issues and specific client questions and needs.
- Review the work of the Benefit Analyst on the team and provide informal mentorship to them.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (SalesForce) in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
- No direct supervisory responsibilities
- Mentorship of Benefit Analyst and Benefit Coordinators on team
- Delegate tasks to and peer review work of junior team members
Education and/or Experience:
- 8+ years of health and welfare consulting experience required.
- Four Year college or university degree with course work in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, and Industrial Psychology, Economics or Healthcare related field, or equivalent experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- NYS Life, Accident and Health License required
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
At NFP Corp., our solutions and expertise are matched only by our personal commitment to each client's goals. We are a leading insurance broker and consultant providing employee benefits, property & casualty, retirement, and individual insurance and wealth management solutions through our licensed subsidiaries and affiliates. Our registered investment advisers and broker-dealers empower independent financial advisors with integrated technology, subject matter expertise and a suite of customized services.
NFP has more than 3,600 employees and global capabilities. Our expansive reach gives us access to highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions in the industry, while our locally based employees tailor each solution to meet our clients' needs. We have become one of the largest insurance brokerages, consulting and wealth management firms by building enduring relationships with our clients and helping them realize their goals. NFP is headquartered in New York, with corporate offices in Austin and Chicago. We also have more than 150+ sales offices across the country.
Benefits: We offer a highly competitive compensation package with exceptional benefits, an outstanding training program, ongoing education and tremendous potential for growth. Our benefits package includes medical insurance, dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability, long term disability, 401(k) with a match, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, long term care, travel accident, employee assistance program, and comprehensive paid time off programs.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top