Senior Account Executive, Employee Benefits
- New York, NY
This is a full-time position, requiring the Senior Account Executive to interact with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. The Senior Account Executive will research, analyze, and evaluate medical, life, disability and other benefit plans and act as a benefit advisor to clients. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. The Senior Account Executive is a seasoned advisor and may work on large, complex accounts with some degree of supervision and approval from their Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services.
- Develop relationships with carrier representatives in order to better understand available products and services in the marketplace and recommend them to clients.
- Anticipate client needs and identify the strategies to solve them.
- Review request for proposals and insurance plan analyses, negotiate with carriers and recommend renewal actions. Oversee implementations of new business.
- Understand and articulate alternative funding strategies.
- Work with director to develop and execute client strategy plan and defined deliverables.
- Oversee Open Enrollment process for clients; Review employee presentations and communication materials.
- Oversee annual projects for clients including Non-Discrimination Testing, Healthcare Reform fee calculations and Imputed Income Calculations.
- Conduct annual client compliance audits using NFP portal.
- Genuine understanding of client financial mechanics and projections.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues. Explain legislative guidelines including COBRA, HIPPA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform to clients; Keep clients aware of updates on relevant
- Interpret plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- Day-to-day client servicing including eligibility issues and specific client questions and needs.
- Review the work of the Benefit Analyst on the team and provide informal mentorship to them.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (SalesForce) in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Back to top