Senior Account Executive
Principal Duties and Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships in a strategic liaison role between clients and internal and external partners, such PBMs, brokers, and other account staff.
- Communicate to our clients “Our Value Added Service”.
- Responsible for understanding each assigned client’s business model and organizational structure, and keeping in the loop on client news and changes.
- Proficiently know the VPS and PBM marketplace, including carrier contacts and services, as well as carrier underwriting requirements.
- Keep account team and Vice President fully informed of all important activities on client accounts.
- Present and explain quotes and contracts, benefits and rates to clients; research and answer questions presented by the client regarding quotes and contracts.
- Review of contracts, claims processing, and audit benefit designs, financial reports, etc., to ensure their accuracy and high quality.
- Prepare and obtain client employee materials and present employee benefits via webinars, benefit fairs, face-to-face enrollment meetings and enroll employees in the appropriate services in a timely manner.
- Assist in the communication of employee benefits in client enrollment meetings and webinars with the appropriate clients and PBM companies.
- Liaise between client, brokers, and PBM companies in order to independently resolve all service problems. Specifically, assist the client in resolving billing, claim, eligibility, COBRA and customer service problems.
- With input from external partners, independently manage client benefit implementations, including creation and distribution of booklets, enrollment kits, enrollment forms, letters and checklists that are that are on-brand with VPS / NFP and meet company standards.
- Accountable for accurate and timely preparation of work orders, as well as overall high-quality implementation, reporting and auditing on all assigned accounts.
- Make regular service/relationship calls to clients; establish and promote goodwill with customer.
- Review client history and follow up with client on a regular basis.
- Host clients in the VPS / NFP and/or carrier facilities, as needed.
- Prepare reports deemed necessary by the Vice President and/or broker.
- Keep all information on accounts accurate and up to date in the Zoho software or any other client management software that is introduced in the future.
- Communicate billing procedures to clients; monitor billing and payments, and ensure that proper billing procedures are followed.
- Meet or exceed departmental goals established by the VP.
- Keep industry skills and knowledge current by participating in seminars and classes for continuing education.
- Assist with keeping department materials, contacts, intranet, etc. up to date.
- Assist with the development of job aids, training materials, etc.
- Present a positive image of self and of VPS / NFP, in and out of the office, to fellow employees, clients, providers, and the community.
- Conduct special projects at the request of the Vice President.
- Perform related and/or other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements for Education, Experience, and Certifications/Licenses:
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree. Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college, minimum requirement.
- Prefer at least 5 years’ experience in PBM or related industry experience in clinical analysis of pharmaceutical products and clinical programs
Qualifications & Skills:
- Thorough knowledge of the Employee Benefits industry, and PBM specifically
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret industry policies and contract documents, as well as proposals and other documentation and correspondence
- Ability to respond efficiently and accurately to common inquiries or complaints from customers or carrier
- Ability to effectively present information to insured clients and their respective carriers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and command of the English language
- Ability to apply basic mathematical concepts such as percentages, adding, subtracting, multiplying and division to required tasks
- High degree of critical thinking, organizational and decision making skills
- Ability to define problems, collect and analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- High degree of initiative
- High degree attention to detail
- Ability to function independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet objectives and deadlines established by supervisor and clients, often with short turnaround times
- Ability to maintain positive and beneficial relationships with department staff, numerous internal departments, external customers, agents and subscribers
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Professional telephone skills and e-mail etiquette
- Ability to comply with company confidentiality requirements as well as with HIPAA and other applicable government regulations
Office located in St. Louis/ Chesterfield, MO. Accepting candidates in other locations.
This position requires travel 15% of the time, with occasional overnight trips.
These physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Able to lift and carry 15 pounds
- Able to work at a desk using computer equipment up to 95% of the time
- Frequent telephone use
The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities and/or qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
Meet Some of NFP's Employees
Client Services Administrator, Benefits
Graham is responsible for accurately maintaining healthcare benefit information for NFP clients. He enrolls and deletes individual profiles as people come and go, and oversees program marketing.
Back to top