We are looking for a Summer 2019 Retirement Intern for our NFP Aliso Viejo location!
Summary: We believe a company is only as great as its employees, and want all of our employees to move forward personally and professionally. That’s why we’re committed to fostering a people-centric workplace that helps you learn and grow as you prepare for life after college. Through the NFP Internship Program, you will gain firsthand experience about the corporate retirement industry by first learning the basics about the industry in a classroom-type training, then will attend management and client meetings with consultants. As you rotate through the various departments of the company, you will gain exposure to investments, fee analysis, marketing, and retirement plan design.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initial training will include retirement plan basics, investment basics and an introduction to our processes, products, and work environment
- Assist the operations team in preparation of investment due diligence reports and participant education materials
- Regularly meet with the service and investment teams to help strategize client recommendations and process improvements
- Attend and observe client meetings with plan advisors and sales consultants
- Prepare presentation on industry related topic and present to senior management
- Will be included and encouraged to attend all NFP employee appreciation events
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Proficient in writing and editing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and highly organized
- Positive attitude and team player
- High level of integrity and strict adherence to protecting confidential information
- Proven administrative skills and expertise
- Good organizational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to effectively utilize Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Education and/or Experience:
- Junior or senior of a four-year university preferred
- Demonstrated leadership experience in college, community, internship, or co-op experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration: None
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Back to top