Regional Technology Sr. Support Analyst
Summary: The role of the Senior Support Analyst will assist Company Associates who are experiencing any procedural or operating difficulty with the use of technology applications, products, or services specific to offices within their region. This individual will work with Regional Engineers, Managers and Directors to resolve issues that escalate from the Help Desk. The Senior Regional Support Technician will assist support staff with advanced issues and document solutions for future reference.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage Regional Support ticket queue and assign tickets to regional support, engineers or managers
- Train new support staff on procedural aspects of ticketing system
- Effectively, professionally, and respectfully represents other Technology staff members, teams, and their services to the offices
- Provide advanced desktop support for all Technology products and services. Support may include answering questions, troubleshooting problems, teaching or instructing Company Associates regarding software or hardware functionality, and communicating policy where appropriate
- Work with Support Analysts to determine the most effective manner to resolve user's advanced technical issue. Engages in research and in-depth troubleshooting to resolve technical issues. Consults with Regional Engineers and Managers
- Verifies that suggested solutions effectively resolve the users' problems through verbal or email follow up
- Based on issue resolution, creates knowledgebase documentation to assist in faster resolution in the event similar issues arise
- Works on Regional related projects as assigned by supervisor
- This role will require traveling including onsite visits to offices within the designated region
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience working for a corporate level help desk or systems administration
- In-depth knowledge of today’s hardware including PC components, copiers, scanners and major mobile devices running iOS and Android
- Strong working knowledge of software including Windows 7, Windows 10, Adobe Acrobat, MS Office, copier software solutions such as Fiery, Paperwise and PaperCut
- Experience with Windows domain environments including Password resets, working with groups, DHCP, DNS and Group Policy
- Knowledge of Windows file systems and folder permissions
- Basic Network troubleshooting, or equivalent training
- Some experience with VOIP phone systems a plus
- Experience with cloud based file sharing platforms preferred
- Good organizational and planning skills, with a proven ability to manage time well in a fast-paced, ever-changing, team-oriented environment.
- Must be able to learn and support new and fast-changing technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- High energy level and self-motivated and highly detail oriented.
- Must have a good command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support.
- Ability to travel
- Communication Skills: This position requires handling confidential information in an appropriate manner. Interactions with Company Associates must be handled with diplomacy and tact. Individual must be able to gauge the user's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
- Decision making/judgement: This position involves projects and/or assignments requiring considerable decision-making authority regarding procedures, plans, and schedules. Although problem-solving guidelines may exist for particular problems, situations where procedures or instructions may need to be developed and documented. The incumbent will work either on his or her own or with the larger technology team to resolve the issue and document the solution.
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a candidate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the candidate is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The candidate is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The candidate is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
Back to top